There are various books on self-development. Also, there are books recently written by eminent writers on marriage and relationships.
But, I felt that the Indian people are of a peculiar mind frame and to be happy need specialized methods to learn effective relationship building..
We are brought up in typical family backgrounds. This is the reason we learn that we must respect the elders, we must obey what elders tell us, we must not reply back to our seniors, and we must consult seniors in our decisions. At times, these things that we have learned become a big burden to us and then, we stop following these them as soon as we become financially independent.
In different families, the rules, taught about maintaining relations with others, are different. This is the reason why many a times, people find it difficult to adjust after marriage.
In some families, parents are too dominating and the kids never learn to have or give freedom up. When they grow up, they become dominating too! All such things lead to relationship problems. When these problems become severe, the whole life gets disturbed. So, it is necessary to know how to keep away from such problems and have a good relationship so that we can succeed in life.
Remember, one bad relation has the potentiality to ruin the whole life of a person, whereas one good and healthy relation has a potentiality to let a person out of all his problems in his life and career. This is the importance of relationship in our life. But, we hardly learn to build it!
We need to know how to breathe freely in the midst of all relations and at the same time, let others breathe in freely too. This happens when we learn to respect all including our own self.
Indian society teaches you to respect all elders and at times, disrespect all younger. So, you may learn to respect all except yourself. Submit to all except your own inner self.
If your are not earning and listen to yourself, you are called selfish otherwise competent if you are earning. If you put your foot down, the same rule applies. So, relationship building is an urgent need to learn!
= Relationship defined
- Need for relationships in life
- Importance of relationships in our life
- Understanding relationships
= Things to remember about relationships
- Principles of good relationship
- Rules of relationship
- Don'ts in relationships
- Tips to check the quality of your relation
= Close blood relations
- Relationship with oneself
- Relationship with family
- Relationship with siblings
- Relationship with parents
- Relationship with grand parents/great grand parents
- Relationship with children
- Relationship with Grand children
= Relations happening out of surrounding
- Relationships during education
- Relationship with society
- Relationship with neighbours
- Relationship with servants.
- Sudden relations & working relations
= Professional relations
- Relationship with boss
- Relationship with juniors
- Relationship with colleagues
- Relationship with clients
- Relationship with competitors
- Relationship with business rivals
- Relationship with business partners
- Relationship with professional rivals
= Legally created close relationships
- Relationship of adoption
- Foster relationships
- Relationship of marriage
- Relationship with in laws
- Relationship with spouse
- Attitudes, complexes & relations that give a death blow to marriage
= Relations that happen out of attraction
- Relationship with pets
- Relationship with friends
- Relationship with opposite sex
- Relationship leading to sexual harassment
= Relation to memories, thoughts, culture, training & practices
- Relationship of people with the dead people and the ancestors
- Relationship of parents and educators with sex education to children
- Relationship of parents and educators with sexual attractions in the children
- Relationship of parents and educators with attraction to different culture in the children
- Relationship of parents and educators with attitude towards rejecting the past norms seen in children
- Relationship of parents and educators with the change in the thinking of the new generation
= Space in life
- Giving space
- Getting space
= Creating warmth in relations
= Non-curable relations
- Dealing with existing bitterness
- Need to handle yourself in non-curable relations
- Handling your life when it is impossible to handle others & the bitterness they create
= KINDS OF RELATIONS
= TIPS FOR HANDLING RELATIONSHIPS WITH
- GRAND PARENTS/GREAT GRAND PARENTS
- GRAND CHILDREN
- BUSINESS RIVALS
- BUSINESS PARTNERS
- PROFESSIONAL RIVALS
- IN LAWS
- OPPOSITE SEX
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- IMPARTING SEX EDUCATION TO CHILDREN
- TIPS FOR GIVING SPACE
- TIPS FOR GETTING SPACE
- TIPS FOR CREATING WARMTH IN RELATIONS
- TIPS FOR DEALING WITH EXISTING BITTERNESS