|No. of Pages:||852|
The new edition of POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN provides students with an introduction to the basic concepts of power systems along with tools to aid them in applying these skills to real world situations. Physical concepts are highlighted while also giving necessary attention to mathematical techniques. Both theory and modeling are developed from simple beginnings so that they can be readily extended to new and complex situations. The authors incorporate new tools and material to aid students with design issues and reflect recent trends in the field.
• Includes new chapter opening case problems and examples.
• Addition of a new chapter on Power Distribution including content on Smart Grids.
• Now includes discussions on the modeling of wind turbines in power flow and transient stability.
• Support for PowerWorld Simulator version 15 now including transient stability.
• Comprehensively revised problem set with the addition of objective type questions.
• New Instructor Resources including: Revised Instructor's Solutions Manual with solutions to all problems; Test bank with additional problems; Lecture notes; Lesson plans on how to use the book effectively; PowerPoint slides of all figures in the book; Annotated lecture slides.
• Presents present-day, practical applications and new technologies along with ample coverage of the ongoing restructuring of the electric utility industry.
• Includes PowerWorld Simulator package to extend the fully worked examples into computer implementations of the solution.
• The text is supported by an ample number of worked examples covering most of the theoretical points raised.
• Six design projects are included in the text, all of which meet ABET requirements.
3. POWER TRANSFORMERS
5. TRANSMISSION LINES: STEADY-STATE OPERATION
6. POWER FLOWS
7. SYMMETRICAL FAULTS
8. SYMMETRICAL COMPONENTS
9. UNSYMMETRICAL FAULTS
10. SYSTEM PROTECTION
11. TRANSIENT STABILITY
12. POWER SYSTEM CONTROLS
13. TRANSMISSION LINES: TRANSIENT OPERATION
14. POWER DISTRIBUTION
|Title:||Power System: Analysis & Design||Publisher:||Cengage India|
|No. of Pages:||852|